Your Journey Towards Livestreaming Awesomeness Starts Here
This Is Your Chance To Join Volcano City
Volcano City is a live streaming solutions provider with over a decade of experience working on international live events that reach millions of viewers. We’re an innovative company in the Live Streaming and Broadcast Services space offering exciting opportunities in both creative and technical positions.
Junior Streaming Engineer
An opportunity has opened for a Junior Streaming Engineer to join our technical department in Edinburgh, Scotland. The successful candidate will become part of a small, fast-moving R&D and live operations team.
Duties will include
- Operation of live streaming hardware and software from our Edinburgh facility
- Providing technical support to remote contributors before and during live broadcasts
- Maintaining on-prem and cloud-based media servers and networking equipment
- Assisting the engineering team with technical research and development
- Assisting the production team with logistical duties
- Preparing media assets for live playout
We’re looking for applicants who have a passion for technology, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and who enjoy working in a close-knit team.
Aptitude and basic experience in the following areas are required
- Live Streaming
- Computer operation and maintenance
- Computer networking
The following skills are advantageous, but not essential
- Broadcast engineering
- Use of Linux-based operating systems (including command-line)
- Cloud computing
- Software development/scripting
- Computer hardware building and troubleshooting
- Audio & video editing
The successful candidate will enjoy the following benefits:
- Participating in major live streaming productions
- The opportunity to learn from experienced technologists
- The freedom to innovate and explore new technologies and workflows
- Regular team social events
Regular working hours are 10-6 Monday to Friday, however, due to the nature of our industry, there will be a requirement to work outside of regular working hours on a per-event basis. This can include night-shifts and weekend hours.
Salary based on experience.
Get in touch now
+44 (0)131 553 4977